What is Power Flushing?
Power Flushing is a process by which heating systems are cleansed from sludge (rust) by using chemicals with a Power Flushing pump.
The process makes no mess and causes minimal disturbance to the home. At the end of the Power Flushing process, the system contains fresh clean water and an inhibitor is added.
How does it work?
The power flushing pump is simply connected into the heating system, either across standard circulator pump couplings, across the tails of one radiator, or wherever most practicable.
During the process, radiators are individually flushed, without removing or disconnecting them from the system, by directing the full output of the pump through each radiator separately.
Benefits of Power Flushing
• Improved central heating efficiency
• Removes magnetite sludge
• Cleans the whole system, including under floor pipe work
• Increases pump life
• Improves heat up time.
• Reduces boiler noise
• Prevents hydrogen gases building up witch cause system corrosion.
When to Powerflush
• Radiator water is dirty
• System is slow to heat up
• Radiators need frequent bleeding
• Noisy boiler
• Poor system circulation
• Pump noise
• Cold spots on radiators, if the bottom of a radiator is cold it often signifies a sludge build up.
• Blockages in pipework and radiators
Professional chemical Power Flushing of a complete central heating system. These price includes the cleaning chemicals and inhibitor.
• Upto 6 radiators £ 250 plus VAT
• 8 radiator system £ 320 plus VAT
• 10 radiator system £ 350 plus VAT